Wednesday, August 12, 2015

What I'm Reading Wednesday

It has been a long time since I've read a book that kept me up in the wee hours of the morning to finish reading.  

For the month of August, my book club chose to read "The Nightingale" by Kristin Hannah. From the moment I opened the book and began reading the story of Vianne and Isabelle during World War II - I could not put it down. I toted the book around with me everywhere I went in hops to find a free moment to continue reading. 

Be forewarned that your heart will break and you will ache for the lives lost during World War II and the cruelties so many endured. Throughout everything, The Nightingale tells a story of hope, passion, and survival. 

I highly recommend! 

2 comments:

  1. I agree, it was a wonderful book! It was not the typical kind of story that Kristin Hannah usually writes. The book you need to read now is The Perfume Garden by Kate Lord Brown. It's the perfect compliment to this WW2 story and shows life through a different lens. You won't be sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not wait to read this one! I have it on audio, but kind of want to get the actual book so I can tote it around with me and read it when I can. I feel that might be easier than listening. Might have to move this one up to the top of the TBR list!

    ReplyDelete

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...