Friday, May 8, 2015

I Appreciate YOU!

In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week, I've had my 3 classes write letters of appreciation to their current or former teachers. It's been remarkable to watch as they knew exactly which teacher they wanted to write a heart felt note to. Some even had to sit for awhile and decide on only ONE teacher to write a letter to because they loved so many. 

I've watched as students thanked teachers for helping them read, inspiring them to achieve their dreams, setting examples for siblings, and helping through rocky times in their own lives. Some just simply said, "thank you for being you." 

It's this time of year when things start to get a little shaky, kids get a little goofy, and schedules get a little foggy... but it's also the time of year to cling tight to your students because your days remaining together are so few. 

Sure, I get tired. We all do! I'm worn out on Friday afternoons. My brain goes on overload. I take on too much. I worry too much. I feel like I'm doing too little. With all that in mind, I wouldn't switch my profession for anything.   I'll always remember the advice of my dad who said, "Find a job where you are excited to wake up every morning and go to work." (Side note: this was a time in my life where I couldn't quite find the direction I was headed...")

So, I thank YOU faithful educators who inspired me growing up and for the educators I'm surrounded by each and every day - even in the summer! :) 

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...