Monday, July 22, 2013

Monster Basil For Dinner

Earlier this spring I decided that I wanted to grow my own herbs for the summer. So I did! I went and bought some little seedlings, dumped them into a container, and let Mother Nature do her job. Prior to planting the seeds, I had pinned several links about gardening and planting herbs... did I read any of those before dumping the seeds? No, of course not. I really had no idea what I was doing. 


Then, I left for vacation and spent several days away from my house and left my little herbs to survive on their own. When I returned home I was surprised (and shocked!) to see that my basil plant had grown tremendously. I searched around for Jack (and the beanstalk) to make sure he wasn't leaving any magic beans around. 

Tonight, my bf and I decided to make pesto pasta using the magical basil plant that grew in my little garden. It was quite delightful. Below you will find our recipe!



Fresh Basil Pesto Pasta


You'll Need:

1 cup fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup pine nuts
1 clove minced garlic
8 oz penne pasta
1 cup chopped tomatoes

Make It:

  • In food processor (or blender in our case!), combine basil, cheese, oil, pine nuts and garlic and blend until smooth.
  • Toss basil mixture with cooked pasta and tomatoes. Sprinkle with parmesan and enjoy! :)


Linking up at the Tuesday Talent Show!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I also noticed your picture editing. I am addicted to this app! Glad to know that there are kindred spirits out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I grew my own Basal last summer, and it grows so big. :) Yummy recipe. Thanks for sharing. :)
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...