Monday, June 24, 2013

Water Cycle - Summer School!

I'm a little bit delayed in writing this post about summer school. I suppose I let other summer fun get in the way of my blogging. Oops! :)

One day of summer school was spent discussing the Water Cycle. We started our chat about the water cycle by reading the story, A Drop Around the World. I've blogged about this book before because it is one of my favorites. The author does a wonderful job of explaining the multiple paths water can take throughout the water cycle. A class could spend a decent amount of time discussing only what they heard in the book!


The morning wouldn't be complete without a little singing and dancing...



Lastly, I wanted my students to be able to take home something about the water cycle. Using paper plates, colored pencils, cotton balls, and labels each student made a diagram of the water cycle. Hopefully my future 5th graders will remember this lesson when we begin talking about weather in the fall. 


Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I recently purchased the book for a reading unit I am putting together - and of course cross-curricular. The video as well as your hands on activity will be a wonderful addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I LOVE that video! It is so catchy. Pinned for future use. Your paper plate water cycle is fantastic too. I'm also pinning that! We do water cycle in 4th grade and this would be so much fun. Lucky summer school kids!

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that book too - I used it last year, will definitely have to add that video to the plans for next year!

    ReplyDelete

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...