Monday, September 17, 2012

Sweets are Good For the Soul

In a past life, Paula Dean and I were sisters. We both have a knack for making things that are just terrible for you.  Like Paula, you probably won't find many recipes around me that will help you with your diet. Oh well! I enjoy making sweet treats and bringing them to group gatherings. I also enjoy eating them myself.  

For the first day of school (a month ago -sheesh!) I made a batch of red velvet crinkle cookies. By the end of the day, the plate was clean. Which could mean one of two things: 
1. People were so hungry on the first day of school they ate the first thing they found (aka my cookies)
2. People enjoyed the sweet little treats!

Let's hope for conclusion number 2. 
Here's the recipe I followed thanks to the Novice Chef. Hats off to her blog and brilliance. 

Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
  • 6 tablespoons of butter (If Paula followed my blog, she'd be smiling right now)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 box of red velvet cake mix
  • powdered sugar 


Click HERE to follow the chef's directions. 





1 comment:

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...