Thursday, September 6, 2012

Dress for the Job You Want

In my short time as a teacher, I've figured out that I have the best job on the planet. What other job can you wear a wig to work and be taken seriously? Well, maybe not seriously... but accepted. It's no secret that I enjoy slapping on a wig and a giant onesie and heading into work. Really, I'm up for just about anything. I conquered my fear of face paint in March now I feel like I can take on the world. 


I started small. Literally.. I dressed as a mouse, who just wanted a glass of milk. 



Things got a little wild and whimsy as myself and two fellow teachers released our inner Seuss!


This year, I decided to dress up as much as possible. Last week, I was Sir Isaac Newton. It just so happens that I have a darling apple tree in my room and you may know that Newton and apple trees are two peas in a pod. I tossed around an apple all morning and had several students ask, "Why are you dressed like George Washington?" After I was asked this several times, I made a mental note that I should probably reuse this $11 wig around President's Day.

As students came into the room, we gathered around the apple tree and I told a little story about Newton and a supposed apple falling from a tree. It led us into a great discussion about gravity.


There was a flaw in my plan though. See, I only teach science for TWO hours the entire day. Have you ever tried to be Isaac Newton and teach Reading? How about Social Studies? Uhh, yeah it doesn't work. I had to take off my wig and become a living human again. 

Just remember that if you do decide to dress up as a historical figure or a superhero (or whoever you want)... go easy on the caffeine. I strongly advise against a latte and a red bull. 

Happy (almost) Friday!

5 comments:

  1. So cute! You are the best! I love all of your great ideas. I'm sure the kids LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also dress as Sir Isaac...where did you find that wig? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I REMEMBER!! You were my inspiration. I found it on Amazon! It's actually a judges wig!

      Delete
  3. You have such great costumes. I love them. :) Thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...