Monday, July 16, 2012

Is it Football Season Yet?


It's safe to say that I'm kind of obsessed with the University of Missouri. I have posted several times about my unwavering love for the city of Columbia and my beloved Missouri Tigers. I realized yesterday that it has been TWO MONTHS since I've been back. I'm ready for football season, so I can spend every weekend there tailgating and watching the Tigers take on the SEC. 

Before I tell you about my little craft I made.. let's take a trip down memory lane. I'm getting a little nostalgic over here. I think I might cry. I'm emotional - I can't help it. 

Fellows Graduation 2011

I loved MU so much that I graduated twice from there. 


I consider emails from Brady Deaton and Gary Pinkel very personal. After all, they are addressed specifically to me.

We may never play kU again, but that doesn't mean I'll ever like them. It's in my blood to hate kansas. Sorry folks. 


Last summer, I decorated my guest room with a little black and gold bunting to showcase my love. 


As a wee little freshman, I met the great Truman the Tiger! I never met him again. He's a sneaky Tiger...hard to catch.

How awesome is this? I missed the MU/Nebraska game where the goal post was taken down and marched to Harpos, but I was there LIVE to see Missouri beat Oklahoma. It was absolutely incredible. I'm literally getting goosebumps typing this right now. 


MU fans rallied and showed up BIG on Gameday at the columns. I wouldn't have missed it for the world!

Picture Perfect
Speaking of the columns, they are my FAVORITE part about the campus. Running through the columns as a freshman and as a senior was a tradition I'm forever grateful I participated in.


I met so many of my best friends at MU. Now, we're still close and drive across the state to meet each other for weekends of fun, weddings, and just to catch up.


I bought this cute little pillow on Etsy. Just in case I forgot what my state looks like. Now, Missouri isn't the coolest state.. I know.. I know.. but I've got to embrace it!


My sweet friends bought me this awesome cookie cutter. Who wants cookies!?



My MU Alumni calendar helps me keep the date straight in the summer time. It actually comes in handy, because I have no idea what day it is. 

Whew! Thanks for that. I highly enjoyed that little trip. 


Now, tonight I decided to quit napping and being lazy and do a little crafting. Last year, I bought fun black and yellow fabric for my MU bunting. I used the remainder of it on a pillow! I followed this tutorial on Momtastic. I'm a dork and cut way too many pillow faces and was SUPER CONFUSED when I couldn't get things flipped out. Then, I watched a video. It's obvious I'm a visual and audio learner. :)

MIZZOU-RAH!


Perhaps one of these days, I'll tackle something a little more difficult.... but not anytime soon. I am finally figuring out how that stinkin' bobbin works. 

9 comments:

  1. Yes!! I made it in this post! So excited! :) And this just made me miss college so much... let's go back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post! Being from WIsconsin ignites that same football passion. OK, so YES! - we'll take a cookie if it's from YOUR kitchen and if you come to the Missouri v. Texas A & M game, we'll meet you there!!

    Barbara
    The Corner On Character

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jordon:
    I'm so impressed with your pillow! It required sewing! WHOA! Craftastic!

    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. It made my day!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade


    PS I lived in Missouri when I was four. Can I still be considered a fan???
    : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OF COURSE!! Missouri has the best fans! :)

      Delete
  4. wow when you figure out how to sew I would love to learn while we eat cookies! :)
    Great Post!
    Much Love!
    Reagan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll prepare a big 'ol plate of cookies because it will take me awhile to learn how to sew! haha

      Delete
  5. Hi Jordan
    I was reading some of your blog posts and I love your sense of humor! I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...