Friday, July 6, 2012

InstaFriday - USA Style

life rearranged

4th of July weekend/week was jam packed with fun this year. My festivities continued from the weekend by spending some quality time with my family. I watched my 3-year old nephew tackle swimming lessons and watch my sweet one week old niece snooze like a princess. I've said it many times, but I'm one lucky aunt!

Cuties
On Wednesday, I scooted over to the city of St. Louis for a little patriotic fun. First, my bf and I visited the Old Capital building to witness a local symphony and a live reading of the Declaration of Independence. Afterwards, we scoped out the capital and took in some Missouri history.




After our self-guided tour of the capital, we headed out into the heat for a photo in front of the arch. Fancy, eh?


Our next stop was on top of the Hilton Hotel. We had a bird's eye view of an air show over the muddy Mississippi and around the arch. After cooling off in the AC we headed over to Busch Stadium to watch the Cardinals beat the Rockies. We had club level seats, so we beat the 102 degree heat by staying indoors again. It was perfect! 


After the Cardinal W, we had a prime location to watch the fantastic firework show by the St. Louis Arch. It was the perfect ending to a great Independence Day! 

Last night, I couldn't help but continue with my red, white, and blue cooking obsession with a yummy mini fruit pizza as dessert. I'll be blogging about it soon.

Happy Friday, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...