Sunday, February 26, 2012

Seuss Lovin'

I absolutely adore Dr. Seuss. With the famous Dr's 108th birthday approaching this Friday, I know many schools are planning to celebrate Read Across America day. I managed to squeeze in Dr. Seuss fun with my second graders last year, but sadly I won't be able to devote an entire day to Dr. Seuss goodness and fun in 5th grade.

Have no fear! I will find time to wiggle in some Seuss love throughout the week.

First, I stumbled upon two videos that I believe will have my fifth grade boys and girls on edge. Up first, we have the Biebs reading a Seuss classic, "The Cat in the Hat".


Maybe your boys might moan and groan... but wait! Tim Tebow comes to the rescue reading "Green Eggs and Ham"! I'm tebowing in my living room to show my excitement.


I keep pinning and pinning and pinnnnnninggg so many cute Seuss activities. Here are some of my favorites. Click the caption to head to the blog for more information!

Yum! Fancy Frugal Life.
Gobs of Seuss Activities
Throughout my vicious pinning this evening, I kept stumbling upon great quotes from Dr. Seuss. I've always been fond of his way with words and then it clicked! My students are working hard to infer theme and messages from authors. Why not use the Dr. this week? I pulled a few of the most popular quotes and made a little inferring activity for my kiddos. My plan is to just use one a day for a quick think-pair-share inference activity to get our brains thinking for communication arts. We'll see how it goes.

Plus, I feel really awesome because I'm making it available to my friends in blog land through Scribd. Enjoy!



SeussInferringQuotes

What do you have planned to honor our favorite doctor of rhyme?

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh! This is wonderful!

    Jordan, your kiddos are so blessed to have you as their teacher! Thank you for all of the blessings you bestow on us!

    I would love for you to visit me when you get the chance...and maybe follow me too! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...