Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Winning!


Chef In Training is one of my favorite blogs because it's packed full of recipes for every meal and occasion. Plus, all of her ideas are practical. Winnnnning. To start off my work week, after a stellar Christmas break, I cracked open the crock pot this morning at 6:45 AM. Yes, I slept in a tad...


My Tuesday evening consisted of lime chicken tacos, lesson planning, and a little How I Met Your Mother. Now, I'm desperately trying not to get sucked into The Biggest Loser. I'm sure you can imagine how this will turn out. I might as well change the settings on my DVR.

Notice the Mizzou cup? Good. Go Tigers!

LIME CHICKEN TACOS
Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook
  • 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 3 Tbsp lime juice
  • 1 Tbsp chili powder
  • 1 cup frozen corn
  • 1 cup chunky salsa
  • 12 fat-free flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
  • sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and shredded lettuce, optional
Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker.  Combine lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken.  Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is done and tender.

Remove the chicken; cool slightly.  Shred and return to slow cooker.  Stir in corn and salsa.  Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through.  Serve in tortillas with sour cream, cheese and lettuce if desired.


The kiddos come back tomorrow! I can't wait to see their little faces. Now excuse me, I must grab my box of tissues to wipe the tear and snot from my face from this stinkin' TV show. 




6 comments:

  1. I awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award! Pop on over so that you can collect. Thanks for all that you blog.
    P.S. Those tacos look delicious!

    ~Heather
    http://looseshoelaces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog has been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award; not President! Go to my blog to learn the details and receive your reward.

    http://begborrowandteach.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award. Head over to my blog to collect. You rock!

    Elizabeth


    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how yum! I am so trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So yummy! And you are right, there isn't a lot of upper grade blogs here in the bloggosphere...glad you found me so I could find you! :)

    ~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Those tacos look amazing. I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Go check out my post to learn more about it. Thank you for keeping up with such a great blog. ~Amanda @ The Teaching Thief
    Liebster Awards

    ReplyDelete

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...