Thursday, January 12, 2012

Gooey Thursday

Yesterday, I wrote a nice little poem wishing that we wouldn't have a snow day and apparently my poems and door decor have reverse affects. So, that means I'm sitting on my couch watching Hoda and Kathy Lee updating my blog on a Thursday morning.  I was supposed to be teaching my kiddos about animal life cycles, but I got a nice little phone call at 6:00 that said, "Stay in bed, Ms. Furnell." Just kidding, it didn't sound exactly like that. 

I'll be staying indoors today!
This weekend, I experimented with a couple of yummy recipes. Since I've got time to burn today (and laundry to fold ..yuck!) I'll be doing a few posts to catch up on lost time!

Prior to college, I had never had the infamous "Gooey Butter Cake". If you're a native of the St. Louis area, you probably want to slap me. Why did it take me so long to find out about this cake? Don't ask me! My good friend Ali took it upon herself to introduce me to Gooey Butter Cake on my 20th birthday and there was no looking back.

Merriment Design posted an easy to follow guide to making your own batch of Gooey Butter Cookies.

Gooey Butter Cookies
What You Need:

  • 1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 package of yellow cake mix
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
Now click here to follow Merriment's post to make your own yummy batch! I highly recommend eating them as soon as they come out of the oven with a glass of milk.

Who wants to take bets on whether or not we have school tomorrow?


3 comments:

  1. I'll bet you go BACK to school AND I'll bet my family LOVES these cookies. Off right after school to get these ingredients . . . they sound YUMMY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment and for your vote! Teachers are so the best! We need all of the votes we can get since voting doesn't end until Sunday at 9:00 PM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, Jordan, these sound terrific! And I have a sneaking suspicion that I am going to be a HUGE fan of Gooey Thursday :)

    Feel free to stop by my blog if you are looking for some fun crafts to do! It's still very new in the making, so I am still in the process of uploading everything, but every Tuesday I publish a "Tutorial Tuesday" for my readers, and of course there are other bits of inspired life on there as well.

    Take care,
    Cara

    ReplyDelete

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...