Monday, January 23, 2012

"FindAnythingInTheFridge-Monday"

I've never really been creative enough to throw ingredients together and whip up something grand. Now, before I continue with  my "creation", I will warn you: a four year old could do this. I definitely don't deserve a medal for my little kitchen creation.

I peaked in my fridge and three things that stuck out to me: crescent rolls, cheese, and salsa. Why not put them all together? So I did. Like I said, this post is dedicated to the younger demographic.

Let me back up. I mentioned finding some salsa in my fridge. Yes, recently I purchased a jar of salsa from a restaurant down here at the lake. There may be more Mexicali Blues floating around the world, but to me.. it's local!


Please examine this jar carefully. Notice the "HOT" and "XXX"? Yeah, ME TOO. As I was banging the jar of salsa on the counter and twisting with all my might to get the lid off... I read the jar carefully. I gave a shriek and put that salsa away ASAP. I am what you might call a "weenie" when it comes to spicy food.  Actually, I'm more than a weenie. I'm a wuss/weenie/little baby/chicken when it comes to spicy foods. I stick to normally-flavored foods that don't make my lips and mouth want to fall off and run away.

Thankfully, I had another jar of salsa hibernating in my pantry. After that unfortunate salsa "episode", I rolled out my crescent rolls, sprinkled them with colby jack cheese, threw in some frozen corn for good measure, and doused them with salsa. I'm sure Martha Stewart is calling me as we speak and I'll be guest starring on "The Chew" in no time.

I Picked the Pretty Ones to Photograph

After about 13 minutes in the oven, I pulled out my little crescent delights and parked myself on the couch for a fine feast.

Not too shabby for a Monday night.

1 comment:

  1. YUM! This fits my cooking skills, my general ingredient availability and my food favorites.
    Thanks for the idea!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...