Tuesday, August 9, 2011

"Breakfast"

I wanted to think of a fancy title for this breakfast series. Here are a few I came up with:

"Let's Find Jordon Something FILLING to Eat So She Doesn't Have to Eat McDonalds Everyday"

"Let's Find Something Really Great for Jordon to Eat For Breakfast That is QUICK and EASY"

I stopped after that and realized titling things is not in my job description. I decided to make this one easy by naming it, "Breakfast".

It all started with this image that popped into my life via Pinterest. Naturally I was drawn to it because:
a. It's food
b. It's multiple photos of food

Need I say more?


Keep Your Diet Real posted 20 quick ideas for breakfast. GENIUS! Wahoo! YIPPIE! Just what I was looking for. This week, I have been making a conscious effort to make delicious breakfast before life gets too crazy.

To begin, I closed my eyes and pointed at a random photo. When my finger landed on no where near the photo I decided to pick number five first. Now my friends, meet contestant number fiiiiiiiiiiiive: (cue applause)

Keep Your Diet Real photo

Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip

Ingredients

  • 4 oz honey flavored Greek yogurt
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1.5 Tablespoon honey
  • 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
  • 2 oz Reduced fat cream cheese, softened

Directions

  1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
  2. Chill in the refrigerator for 15+ minutes or serve immediately. Store in the refrigerator.
  3. Serving suggestion: 2 tablespoons of dip with ½ cup fresh fruit or sliced apples.

Oh LAWDY! This dip was amazing. Literally, as I continued with each bite of my apple I thought I was going to end up licking my ziplock container. Don't worry, I'm not an animal! I resisted temptation. 

The best part was, it filled me up! My stomach wasn't tossing and turning at 9:00 AM. I actually made it until lunch (very important for teachers!!)

For Tuesday, I decided to jump on the smoothie bandwagon. If you can't tell, I kind of enjoy jumping on bandwagons. 

To be honest, I wanted to jump on this bandwagon a few months ago. Sadly, it didn't work out that way. One morning while searching my kitchen for something yummy to eat I decided, "ah-ha! I'll make a smoothie!" I gathered some ingredients and started to look for my blender. Then I realized I didn't have a blender. 

Needless to say, it's extremely difficult to blend things without a blender. A few months later, I invested in a blender so I could really jump on this bandwagon.

I borrowed a delicious smoothie recipe from Yum Sugar and started blending.

The Basic Classic Smoothie
From Michael SweeneyThe Basic Classic Smoothie
Ingredients
6 frozen strawberries*
3/4 cup plain, low-fat yogurt (feel free to substitute a flavored yogurt for plain: strawberry and blueberry work well)
1 banana
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon of honey
protein powder or flax, optional
Directions
  1. Place the frozen strawberries in the blender. Let sit for 10-15 minutes, so they have time to thaw.
  2. Add the remaining ingredients and blend. Check consistency: if too watery, add more yogurt. If too thick, add more orange juice.
  3. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Makes 1 smoothie.
I grabbed my smoothie from the fridge this morning and had several smoothie fouls. It leaked on my desk, purse, and inside my car. It was probably on my face all day, too.

I think for the time being I'm hopping off this smoothie band wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...