Friday, July 22, 2011

Well, isn't that convenient for you? And the clock.

Name that movie! 
Give up? It's the legendary White Goodman in Dodge Ball. 



If you've got a whole lot of time to kill - read the first half of my post. 

If you're short on time and want to stay sane - read the second half of my post. 


Once again, Pinterest has made me do crazy things. While on a pinning spree, I found myself in awe of this photo:

This craft was geared towards the following events: weddings and/or baby showers. Well, I've got neither coming up but I still felt compelled to create these little gems. I thought (and still think while I'm staring at them completed) these poms would like delightful in my bedroom. 

I gathered my supplies: 
paper lanterns (use the small ones!!)
glue gun
fabric

As the beautiful hand model on Once Wed demonstrates below. I started gluing away. Little did I know I would be gluing and cutting circles for-ev-er (Sandlot, anyone?)

Warning: you will lose a lot of fabric. The end result is worth it! But don't say I didn't warn you.

Her hands are prettier than mine. 

glue glue glue -- cut cut cut -- repeat
I ended up making two poms. I have a yellow and pink fabric delight hanging in my bedroom. While I was completing this project, I managed to talk to a friend during rush hour traffic in San Diego and chat with another friend while we were both Keeping Up with the Kardashians. My advice: multi-task while gluing!

maybe someday I'll make a triplet. Maybe.
Now, are you short on time and want to whip something up? Ahhhh I've got the craft for you.

Using a small wreath from Dollar Tree, fabric, and glue... you can crank out this wreath in no time. 

Although, of course I had issues. It's probably because I made my wreath at 12:00 AM. My sleeping patterns are all out of whack. Anyway that's another story!

The directions say to make "pleats" with the folded fabric. I tried this and was unsuccessful. My so-called flower looked like a pile of fabric trying to be fancy. I googled "pleats" and was given very strange images. Clearly, nothing was successful. After burning my fingers one to many times on my glue gun and cursing fabric.. I switched gears. 

I will refer to this as "Fabric Flower Plan B":

I went for the good 'ol Rosette Flower. 


As I'm looking at my wreath next to my bed, I realize it needs a little something ... but I haven't quite figured out what it is. I would love suggestions! 



1 comment:

  1. Pintrest is like a black whole, I have tried (and failed) and the one project I tried to replicate; but that didn't stop me from pinning!

    ReplyDelete

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...