Tuesday, July 26, 2011

An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away

Dump me in the pile (or stereotype) of teachers who like apple-ly (yes, that's a word) things. I have several reasons why I like apples. Here are just a few:
1. Apples are delicious
2. Apples dipped in anything are even more delicious
3. Apples are cute as a button

This year, I had two students bring apples to me. It was truly a touching moment!

I think you get the idea. No wait, I think I should elaborate a tad more with visual examples. As most teachers, I need to appeal to all learners who read my post.

classic literature involving apples

fabric to complement your classroom decor
endless possibilities of bulletin boards
yummy and delicious cookies
Now I'm positive that you get the picture. In a nutshell, I'm an apple-lovin' teacher. So today, when my second grade team from Hallsville came to visit me at the lake I made these:

Martha knows best
Before you think I created a masterpiece, I have something to admit. I used box cake mix and pre-made frosting to create this little treats. Whew, I'm glad that's out in the open. 


cupcakes and Vista Grande go together like peas and carrots
Let's just say, Best Choice makes some pretty great white cake mix. Kudos!

I decided to end my day with one more apple-ly project. Can you tell I'm getting excited about the upcoming school year? Pinterest introduced me to this little gem of a project and I was hooked. 



It's the perfect tote to carry papers and whatnot to and from school. Craft Stylish provides a very detailed tutorial on how to complete this project. 

I headed to Wally World and picked up my supplies:


With Michael Scott and the rest of the Dunder Mifflin staff entertaining me, I started stamping away. 


It's not perfect and things got a little messy, but that's quite alright with me! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your bag! That would be a great gift for teacher appreciation week! I'm a new follower!

    you can check my blog @ mysecondgradejournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...