Sunday, July 3, 2011

...and the dish ran away with the spoon!


Hey diddle diddle,
The Cat and the fiddle,
The Cow jumped over the moon,
The little Dog laughed to see such sport,
And the Dish ran away with the Spoon.

I'm sure you all remember this classic nursery rhyme. It seemed fitting since my project today consisted of silverware!

The other day I set out searching for another hanging project for my kitchen. Lucky for me, I found the website Crap I've Made. Of course at first, I was intrigued by the title. Then, after some searching I found Kitchen Art complete with a Dollar Store challenge! The best part about this craft is that it's CHEAP!


Pick up a cheap frame and a few pieces of silverware from your local dollar store and you're ready to roll.

Of course, I'll use any excuse to scoot over to JoAnn's for some new fabric. I picked up a few pieces (on sale) and checked out with my teacher discount and headed home.


Today was a milestone in my summer of crafting... I made a list of materials needed. Therefore, I didn't have to stop midway through my craft and go buy something. I feel like I'm growing up.

Since I'm going with an "apple" color theme in my kitchen, I decided to use yellow spray paint to compliment the linen curtains I bought at Bed Bath & Beyond.

This was a bad idea.

I used my brain and thought it was probably a bad idea to spray paint all over the grass of my apartment complex. Instead, I used a trash bag. Big mistake! My poor silverware and frame stuck to the bag and it was a sticky mess to pick up.

Using the tips from the tutorial I found, I put my frame together with batting and fabric. Before I knew it, I had a nifty project to display in my kitchen.

Pass the sugar, please!
Next stop: Wally World to buy food for the family BBQ tomorrow. Although, a storm is rolling through Columbia right about now, perhaps I'll wait a few.

It better stop raining! Doesn't Mother Nature know it's America's birthday weekend?

Happy 4th of July! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...