Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"Today a reader, tomorrow a leader.”

The best part of being a teacher is that you get to read tons of great books! I may be an "adult" (I use that term loosely here...), but I still enjoy picture books and kid's chapter books. Here are a few books I plan to read as I prepare for 5th grade. Some for fun... some for potential read alouds!

Here Lies the Librarian by Richard Peck

The Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg
This one was highly recommended by two friends, so I would be a fool not to read it!




Mr. Popper's Penguins  by Richard and Florence Atwater
The book is always better than the movie, right?


 Lastly, one of my favorite authors Jerry Spinelli's Maniac Magee




You're never too old for a good book. As Dr. Seuss said, "The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you will go."

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just searched for the origin of the sentence "Today a reader; tomorrow a leader." then, I linked here!
    I'm going to learn English in California next month, and I think maybe I can try to find and read these books which you suggested to your students!!:D Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...